Nicole Scherzinger will return to 'The X Factor' next year.
The 'Poison' hitmaker - who joined the show this year after previously sitting on the panel of the US version of the programme - has impressed show chief Simon Cowell with her performance and she is expected to be the first panellist to be offered a new deal.
A source said: "It is fair to say that Simon and the production team have been thrilled with Nicole's performance. She has been absolutely great.
"Simon is a huge fan of hers and the production team think she has been a revelation.
"There won't be any decision on the make-up of the 2013 panel until next year but she has certainly made a good impression.
"Simon is really up for her coming back."
However, producers are said to be unhappy with Tulisa over her poor time keeping and focus on her music and personal life.
The source told The Sun newspaper: "Tulisa has got to pull her socks up."
Head judge Gary Barlow - who has a fractured relationship with Simon - and long-standing panellist Louis Walsh could also be dropped in a bid to "freshen up the panel" following falling ratings.
Nicole has admitted she is enjoying the show so much she is considering moving to the UK permanently.
She said: "I am loving it, I really am.
"I am loving it so much that I am thinking about moving here next year. I am having a great time here."
Meanwhile, Simon is backing James Arthur to win this year's show.
He tweeted on Saturday (24.11.12): "To everyone voting in the UK tonight. Please vote for who you believe could be a star next year. It's in your hands.
"Very interesting end coming up for X Factor. I think the final is going to be very interesting! I have my own favourite. (sic)"
When he was asked if it was James Arthur, he replied: "Re X Factor UK. Yes to someone who just guessed it."